Flatworms: worms of various types
- The turbellars have simple body with hair epidermis.
- Incomplete digestive system.
- Most of these animals have a free life.
- Locomotion made by eyelashes.
- They have muscle suction cups and adhesive glands.
Examples: planarians: Tigrine Dugesia and Burmeisteri Geoplane.
- Cestodes have a metamerized body.
- Epidermis with presence of protective cuticle.
- They are internal parasitic animals.
- They have no digestive system.
- Body divided into: sclex, neck and proglottids.
Examples: Tapeworm solium and Tapeworm saginata.
- Trematodes are parasitic worms.
- They have presence epidermis and protective cuticle.
- The digestive system of trematodes is incomplete.
- These worms have simple body.
Examples: Schistosoma mansoni, Microphallus and Hepatic fasciola.