Brewer's Yeast: Great Source of Vitamin H
Vitamin H, also known as Biotin, is a water soluble vitamin (water solubility). It is a vitamin with various functions in the human body and therefore of utmost importance.
Main functions in the body:
- Participates in the gluconeogenesis process;
- Acts in the oxidation and synthesis of fatty acids;
- Participates in the synthesis of purines;
- It acts in the formation of the skin;
- It acts on carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
Health problems caused by Vitamin H deficiency:
- In babies under 8 months may cause alopecia and seborrheic dermatitis;
- In adults it can cause pallor, dry dermatitis, muscle aches, poor appetite, sagging and alopecia.
- Brewer's yeast
- Chicken Liver
- Bull's liver
- Raw egg yolk
- Wheat germ
- Oatmeal flour
- Brown Rice